Do you want to learn the basics of glass blowing?
Would you like to try glass blowing like a real master glassmaker?
We offer mini beginner courses to learn how to blow Murano glass, like real masters do.
Our 2-3 hour basic workshop lesson allows you to learn the rudiments of glass processing, and if you're good you can, with our help, create a blown artwork, a tumbler glass, a bowl cup or a vase.
Your creation can be taken with you as a souvenir, or we can send it to your home.
What better way then to immerse yourself in the Venice of the past and become a Murano glass craftsman?
So what are you waiting for? We are available to organize your first class, maximum 4-5 persons per class.
During the course you will learn the history and theory of blown glass manufacturing, with an introduction and guided tour of the furnace, the glass materials and colors, the tools of the master glassmaker.
You will learn the basic of how to extract the glass from the oven, how to handle it hands-free, how to blow it and shape it into a drinking glass or a vasew ith our help.
All in maximum safety with professional protective devices and with our support you will have a unique experience, between fire and alchemy.
We are waiting for you, contact us and get all the information, using the contacts you find on the page below.
GLASS BLOWING COURSE:
- Introduction: (around 20 minutes)
- Tour of our furnace, visiting our fused glass laboratory and glass grinding laboratory.
- Historical introduction to Murano glass and processing, compositions, materials, colors with focus on glass blowing technique.
- In-depth study of the Maestro's tools, glass blowing tools, glass master movements, and practical use.
- Performed by the glass Master (around 20 minutes):
- Demonstration of how to make a glass cup, analyze the steps.
- Students handcrafting the glass (1,45 hours - 2.45 hours)
- How to get the glass from the oven and manipulate the glass with a cane and tongs
- Blow into the cannes creating the first glass bubble "paina"
- Saw the glass and give "pontello"
- Opening of the glass, shaping a cup or vase or tumblers
- Add glass colors, murrine millefiori to the work to be annealing.
Each student will manipulate the glass one at a time with our supports, while the other students watch.
Aperitif with the glass Master at the end of the course.
You can pick up the days later your glass creation, we can also arrange shipment to your home if you cant take it yourself, shipment cost is not included in class cost.
Number of partecipants, time, total price.
1 person, 2.30 hours, 360 euros (single private class)
2 people, 2.30 hours, 460 euros (private group class)
3 people, 3.30 hours, 670 euros (private group class)
4-5 people, 3.30 hours, 800 euros (private group class)
for big group over 6 people contact us.
Children from 14 years old can partecipate as adult.
Children under 14 years old can be part of the class for free but not manipulate the hot glass.